Thursday 12 April 2012

Granny Kerchief

I have been making loads of these as we are heading into winter.  I have been asked to make a pattern.  Example of my kerchief

I have used double knit and used a size 4mm and a size 6mm hook, it just depends on the drape you want, the looser the drape then I recommend the larger hook.  But after four rows you will be able to tell if you are happy with the look and feel of your kerchief

Yarn:    Any yarn will work
Hook:   Recommended for yarn you choose
Gauge:  Not important

dc = Double Crochet

Row 1
Chain 3.
2dc into the 1st chain
Turn.

Row 2
Chain 3.
2dc into the same place as the chain.
3dc into the 3rd chain from previous row.
Turn.

Row 3
Chain 3.
2dc into the same place as the chain.
3dc into the space between the groups from previous row.
3dc into the 3rd chain from previous row.
Turn.

Repeat row 3 until the kerchief or shawl is the size you would like.

I have made this many many times, however please let me know if there is anything that I have left out.  I will attempt to update this with pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent and Thank You so much for writing your pattern up and sharing it!!
    I just wanted to check with you if your using UK terms??
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not UK terms! So where there is dc for Uk it's a tr! I prefer the US terms just make more sense to me! I will add that to the pattern thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this pattern will be using to donate shawls I make to Hospice..Great Pattern thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a video for this pattern.
    This is so beautiful. For aome reason it looks as if I am adding to many stitches on just one side...thanks...and please stay safe and healthy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.