My tale of woe started after I had cast off my January New Years Confetti socks, I had no idea what to knit next. I knew I wanted a garment because after knitting four pairs of socks I had enough of them. What garment to make, I knew it needed to be from stash and I knew it needed to be something kind of mindless, but not really.
So I cast on the Bonny by Tin Can Knits in my wonderful purple black lace weight merino from one of a kind yarns. This poor project didn't even get a picture taken of it, because I realized three rounds in I had twisted the cast on, so it got ripped. Then I sat around feeling sorry for myself as I tend to do, and decided that the Viajante by Martina Behm was what that lace needed to be, I love the shape, I love the way it's worn, it's so me. So late on Saturday afternoon I cast on and started thinking I could do the first part during the VKN.
Well during the VKN I realized I had started to do the increases on the wrong side! Oh well I thought it's such a dark colour no one will notice. On Sunday when I picked it and looked at it, the change in sides of the increases was visible but I decided to live with it. What I couldn't live with was the funny triangle shape. Let me explain, sometime during the VKN I had managed to increase the one side so that I had 6 too many stitches on the one side so my triangle was lope sided! I had also managed to pick up stitches where they weren't any. Basically a mess!
It got frogged. Now I've tried two projects with this amazing lace and failed at both, it needed to go and relax in the box for awhile.
I pulled out my Manos Serina in the "wildflowers" colourway and decided it needed to be made into the Folded pullover by Veera Valamaki. I cast on the sleeve and started , love the way the colours didn't flash or pool and made some modifications as I wanted long sleeves, no problems. By Friday I had finished both sleeves, now onto the body.
Cast on the body already knowing I was going to be alternating skeins. After the ribbing and doing 20 rounds of alternating every 2 rounds it was a hot flush of flashing. I mean it looked like the flash had decided to knit this pullover. So I decided to give it 20 rounds more alternating every 3rd round. This did stop the flashing in its tracks but I wasn't happy.
How do I know, I covered my sons books for school, I sorted out the pantry, I made lists of things I need to get done next week, basically did everything else I could do BUT knit on it. So at Yarmies I ripped it out completely. Came home, rewound the cakes and put it back in the box. Now what....
The beautiful one of a kind yarn was screaming at me to knit it. I wanted a long sleeve light weight pullover that I could throw over a t-shirt. So not the Bonny, that has no sleeves. I found another free pattern called Mohair Minimalist and have adapted this one. So far I'm absolutely loving it. I've just put it down because I'm ready to split for the arms and I've got Maths to do and at 23:00 that's not a good idea, well basically me and Math are not good anyway, so fingers crossed for me that I don't mess this up and this becomes my fourth failed project this month.
Why have I decided to revive my blog, well with the podcast I love talking at you, but I find myself having way more to say than I'm going to allow myself time each episode and during the week I want to share more with you, so this is going to be my new medium (well again).
Thanks for ready and I hope your projects are more successful than mine.