Saturday 14 May 2011

African Flowers

So many people have commented on my African Flower Mamy bag that me and my big mouth said I would make them all one!

I have 22 100g balls of colours.  My plan is to make as many African Flower Motifs as possible out of the yarn I have.  I am hoping that each ball will yield 21 motifs. 

Today while watching Super Rugby, I sat down and with determination and madness made 21 African Flower Motifs!  These all had the navy blue centre.  I have already made 21 with grey centres, so I have made 42. 

If my maths is right, I will have 462 African Flower Motifs that will make 11 bags.  Each bag requires 42 motifs.

I am still unsure if I am going to make Mamy Bags, I can't find handles that I like to put onto those, I might just make tote bages with the African Flower Motifs.

Oh and my aim is to finish them all by the end of May, and seeing as it's the 14th of the month, I have to really motor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.