Friday 28 October 2011

FO Friday - Week 10

Hooray I have 2 FO's to show. 

We are coming very quickly to the end of the academic year and as this time of year approaches I start to panic for how many teachers the boys have and how much to spend on the teachers.  As we are in blazing hot summer, scarfs and other quick knits are definitely out.  The boys have 23 teachers between them.  Out of those 15 are female so for those I decided to make Attic24 (Lucy) bags.  I am going to attempt to make them all out of what I have left over therefore not having to spend a cent.  It takes me about three days to make one bag so I am hoping that I will have all 15 done by the middle of November in time for them to take them on the last full 8 day cycle that they have.


Sorry about sideways pictures ;(.

I am only using two colours therefore no sewing in ends.  I decided after the second one the I'm going to use the amazing random stripe generator on Biscuits and Jam.  As each bag is going to be the same size I just entered two colours and the 46 rows that I needed then the maximum number of rows 10 per colour, then just refreshed to get the required number of bags!  Fabulous, so even if I was to repeat the colour combinations they will not look the same!

So now you have seen my FO's, off you go to see more amazing ones at Tami's Amis.

9 comments:

  1. They look great. I am very intrigued by this random stripe generator tool, that sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and a lovely idea. Before having kids I worked in an infant class and one Christmas I must have had about ten of those boxes of chocolates that look like shells, I can't look at them the same anymore! I would much preferred to have a lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great bags, and a perfect gift for teachers =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like great gifts! Good luck getting them all done. You are so nice to make those for the teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looks great and it sounds like a super idea for teacher gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gift idea! And wow - that's a LOT of teachers! I will only have 2 to give gifts to this year so that's not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 23 bags! You're ambitious. They look great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 23 teachers!!!! My word. You do have some work ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a nice bag. You are making so many!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.