Saturday 20 August 2011

Baby Bundle 2 Blanket

So many FO's today but alas it's not Friday so no photos of them!  I will have a harder time waiting for Friday than you do.  Trust me, I can't buy presents until the day before, cause I can't keep them.

So I got to thinking about the blanket that needs to accomany the clothing items I have made for baby (not mine) and I thought I would get out one of my amazing Harmony guides and see what grabs my fancy.  So I am in a ripple kinda mood and I found one called peephole ripple.  Its lacy and loose, which is perfect also calls for a multiple of 10 chains plus 2.

So I chained 102 with my size 6.00mm hook (as I chain quite tight) I changed to a size 5.00mm and started,  I have to admit I fudged the first row, I know can you believe it!!  The first row.  Anyway after redoing it, I started the second using the chart not the instructions, needless to say I fudged it again!  So after looking at the amazing photo and looking at the written instructions I nailed it!


What you can't see in my picture is the yarn I am using.  It is Stylecraft Wondersoft Baby DK in a white with lilac, dark blue and light blue fleck.  It's called Jack Horner.  I had it in my stash, but when I got it out I discovered that I have two balls in one dye lot and another in a different and the third one is more blue than white!  So I have done 10 rows of the peephole and will see how many I get out of one ball.  Iam hoping that I don't need the third one.

I did the 10 rows while watching the Springboks beat the All Blacks.  The boys are back in town.  Well done Springboks we as a nation are behind you 100% for the Rugby World Cup starting on the 9th of September.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.