Sunday 7 August 2011

Year of Projects - Week 5



Yip it's Sunday again, and time for my A Year of Projects update.  I finished the Tulip but as it was the third one I have made my list hasn't gotten any smaller, bummer.

Ihave been busy with an item that is not on my list, I will definitely add it to my list but as the males in my house are chomping at the bit to get going today, this is going to have to be added tonight when we get home.  It's called Take My Time, it's the Neat Ripple Blanket from Lucy at Attic24.  Stunning once you get the hang of it.  Thanks Lucy, love this.  Iam making this for Monster's bed and will be doing one repeat of the colours every week, so not sure how long it's going to take me.


But because I can't just do this, as one repeat takes me a day, I looked over my list, checked out my stash and have cast on Red Butler by Kerrie Allman.  It's Rowan Handknit Cotton in Spanish Red, and to say I'm loving this is an understatement.  I am a little nervous, I have exactly the amount to make a size 34, and I normally make size 36 for me as my arms are long and I like my cardigans once size bigger.  I bought this cotton 5 years ago to make a blanket for Pudding and have just alot of it for other projects so I can't make one out of it now and I think it will be quite a challenge to find the dye lot again.

It's done on 6mm needles so growing fast and it's another top down so there's a bonus, the sleeves are done in the round, so NO SEWING!!!

Not sure about what I am going to do about the borders on the front, I have read that sewing fabric to the front bands is tricky, I am a ribbon freak so I might find really wide ribbon and sew that on to it instead of fabric.  But I'm not there yet and will have to see when I do.


Have a good crafty day and will come home after extended lunch at the old people's home and check out all your updates.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! These are all looking really good! Love the ripple blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blanket! Looking forward to watching your cardigan growing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colours on your blanket are lovely :) fingers crossed you've enough yarn to finish off the cardie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ripple blanket is looking fabulous. Love the colours. The cardi sounds very interesting - will look forward to your updates. Have a good week. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Monster will love the blanket - I know I do hehehehe as for the cardi, looks like you have a great start on it. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done with the blanket. Looks like it will be a very charming cardi; much nicer in your red than the pattern's fuschia I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! You are a horrible enabler. That cardi looks amazing. Wonder if I can slip it into my queu? ;) Great job! The ripple looks like it is coming along. I love those kind of blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making great progress on your blanket and I love the color of the cardigan. Hope you had a great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coooor - GORGEOUS! I love them both!!!!! Might have to add that cardi to my ever-expanding queue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours for your ripple blanket. I love seeing all the different colourways that people have chosen. Its amazing how the same pattern can look so different. How about a crochet picot edge on your cardi?

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that cardi! ooh dear! can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome crocheting goin' on in that ripple blanket. My gosh you have great patience. LIke the good, down-to-earth colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tulip and love your Butler--the colors in both are stunning.
    *Smiles and happy knitting thoughts sent your way*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously LOVE your blanket. It's gorgeous. The colors are my favorites. And that sweater? Amazing. Makes me almost wish (again) that I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blanket looks like fun, but they do take so long to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not normally a fan of neutral colors but the way you've paired them is wonderful. Congrats on finishing the cardi.It's a gorgeous color

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blanket looks great, lovely colours. Top down projects totally rock for their lack of sewing :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks fabulous....all of it. Ripples are always fun and I love all your colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.