Sunday 10 July 2011

A Year of Projects - Week 1

Can you believe I stayed in bed until well after lunch time today!  I think the last time I did that I was in my teens!  So really I didn't do much on my list today!

But I have cast on both sleeves for the Blues and have almost finished the required amount of increases!  So I have progressed.  Blues is going to be a combination of two patterns.  I love the look of the Knits 4 Kids (Striped Pullover) in the Woman's Weekly Knittng and Crochet Autum 2009 but don't like the way it's written, so I am using my trusted Sirdar - Simple Easy Knits pattern for the Design A Round Neck Pullover (This is the most amazing and well used booklet I own and highly recommend it to all knitters)and am modifying it to look like it.  Make sense?


Also the yarn I am using is not condusive to striping so am just making it solid.  I got the yarn at my trusty LYS Arthur Bales, in Linden.  In the last Sale they had and honestly can't remember how much it cost.  It's an acyrlic but that's fantastic for boys and me as it can be washed in the washing machine!  Hayfield Bonus Flash DK.



But have no fears the Silverstone (British) F1 is on this afternoon, which always gets me knitting as fast as they drive around the circuit!  

Can't wait to see all your updates tomorrow!

15 comments:

  1. The Simple Easy Knits looks like it would be a great resource. Enjoy your race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bonus Flash yarn is a great colour combination. When you mentioned the design a round neck pullover, did you mean it was in that Sirdar book? I'm not a very good knitter and so any easy patterns always interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy
    Yes the Sirdar book has many versions of a simple pullover, round neck, polo neck and v-neck and the instructions are seriously easy to follow and well written. I highly recommend this booklet if you are thinking about knitting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using Hayfield acrylics too, they are remarkable value for money I think and the colours are great. That mix of blues looks delicious.

    I love the idea of knitting faster during the Grand Prix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the multi-colored blue, will make an awesome sweater. You must have needed extra sack time to sleep that long.
    YOP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to agree with mixedbabygreens about the hayfield I use it all the time. It also feels nice and soft. How fab to have such a long lie in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What interesting yarn you're using! You're a hardcore knitter, working on sweaters :O).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try some hayfield. We all rave on about the posh yarns but forget about the humble acrylic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those jumpers look so cute. I think kids jumpers are best in acrylic, I hate hand washing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. there are days i would sell my husband's soul to sleep in until noon. I also love the blues you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you getting a lay in!!! Great sweaters - my son would love the union jack one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way that yarn is knitting up - very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hockey that gets me knitting faster! The patterns look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sirdar pattern looks like a great go to pattern for jumpers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post, and in return I promise I read all your comments.